Welcome to the world of “knowledge_philic” daily quiz set. These sets of questions are necessary not only for knowledge but also for various exams.
1) Which of the following compiles red list?
a) World Wide fund for Nature
b) United Nations Environment Programme
c) International Union for Conservation of Nature
2) Modi offered prayers at Mahabodhi tree in Sri Lanka, the tree which grew from the branch of the Bodhi tree in Bodh Gaya. Who amongst the following brought its branch to Srilanka?
c) Gautamiputra Satakarni
3) Consider the following statements
1. Nai Roshni is a scheme for Leadership Development of Minority Women launched in 2012-13.
2. The scheme would provide minority women support, leadership training, information and confidence to interact with government system, banks and intermediaries at all levels.
3.The scheme is implemented through panchyati Raj and NGOs
Which of the above statements are true?
d) All the above
4) Which country contains the greatest number of speakers of Welsh, after the UK?
(b) The United States
5) Berar was annexed to the British Empire by:
(a) Lord Curzon
(c) Lord Cornwallis
(d) Lord Wellesley
6) Vasco-da-Gama landed in India at
7) Gautama Buddha was born in the year
(a) 537 BC
(b) 400 BC
(c) 525 BC
(d) 563 BC
8) The author of the book 'Changing Village , Changing Life' is
(a) Praful Mohanti
(b) M.N. Srinivas
(c) Andhra Bettile
(d) S.C. Dube
9) Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis reached into the final of Miami Open by defeating which of the following pair?
A. Makarova and Vesnina
B. Andrea Hlavackova and Lucie Hradecka
C. Elena and Sara
D. Timea Babos and Kristina Mladenovic
10) Where was recently banned cow slaughter’s bill by president?
D. Uttar Pradesh
11) 1974 was declared as the year of_________ by U.N.O
(a) Copernicus Year
(b) International Book Year
(c) World Population Year
(d) International Tourism Year
12) The world's most advanced solar-powered aircraft 1st world journey took off from Abu Dhabi to........?
13) The idea of a Constituent Assembly to form a Constitution of India was first mooted by
A. M N Roy in 1927
B. the Indian National Congress in 1936
C. the Muslim League in 1942
D. the All Parties Conference in 1946
14) Find the opposite word of ’Ingest’ is
15) Opposite word of Extol is
16) Same word of Knave is
17) Same word of Obstinate is
In questions given below , groups of four words are given. In each group , one word is correctly spelt.
18) Find the correctly spelt word and mark your answer...
(i) a. Voluptous
(ii) a. Lision
19) The introduction of job – oriented courses (1) / in the self – financing colleges (2) / attract many students (3) / No error (4)
20) A man pointing to a photograph says, “The lady in the photograph is my nephew’s maternal grandmother.” How is the lady in the photograph related to the man’s sister who has no other sister?
21) Tanya moves towards South–east a distance of 7 km, then she moves towards West and travels a distance of 14 m. From here, she moves towards North-west a distance of 7 m and finally she moves a distance of 4 m towards East and stood at that point. How far is the starting point from where she stood?
A. 3 m
B. 4 m
C. 5 m
D. 10 m
22) If 18th February, 1997 falls on Tuesday then what will be the day on 18th February, 1999?
23) If in a certain code, MICROWAVE is written as LJBSNXZWD, how is POPULAR written in that code?
24) A constant distance from Chennai to Bangalore is covered by Express train at 5O km/hr. If it returns to same distance at 40 km/hr. then the average speed during the whole journey is
(1) 45 km/h
(2) 48 km/h
(3) 45.45 km/h
(4) 44.44 km/h
25) By selling an article for Rs. 39. a shopkeeper gains 30%. For how much should he sell it to gain 10%?
(3) Rs 30
26) The two numbers are in the ratio 2:3 and their product is 54 the sum of the numbers is?
27) A can do 2/3 of a job in 8 days and Q is twice as efficient as P. In how many days Q will finish the job
28) A, B and C undertake to complete a piece of work for Rs 1950. A works for 8 days, B for 9 days and C for 12 days to complete the work. If their daily wages are in the ratio of 3 : 5 : 4, what does C get?
29) If 100 men can do 100 jobs in 100 days, then 1 man can do 1 job in
(1) 1 day
(2) 100 days
(3) 50 days
(4) 10 days
30) Fruit seller buys mangoes at the rate of 15 for 12 and sells them at the rate of 15 per dozen. Find his gain percentage.
31) The difference between 90% of a number and 83% of the same number is 175. What is 99% of that number?
32) The difference between 90% of a number and 83% of the same number is 175. What is 99% of that number?
33) Find the odd one out. 3576, 1784, 888, 440, 216, 105, 48
34) Find the odd one out. 30, -5, -45, -90, -145, -195, -255
35) A thief running at 8 km/h is chased by a policeman whose speed is 10 km/h. if the thief is 100 m ahead of the policeman, than the time required for the policeman to catch the thief will be:
A. 2 mins
B. 3 mins
C. 4 mins
D. 6 mins
Answer key of this quiz is posted next day, with another set of questions.