List of Banking and Financial Committees
1) DR Gadgil Committee 1944 Agricultural Finance*
2) Mahalanobis Committee 1964 National Income
3) DR Gadgil Committee 1968 Social approach on banking review of institutional condition*
4) FKF Nariman Committee 1969 Branch expansion programme
5) Hathi Committee 1970 Soiled Bank Notes*
6) Chatalier Committee 1970 Finance to small scale industry
7) Khusro Committee 1970 Small village and cottage industry
8) Dandekar Committee 1970 Regional imbalances
9) Varshney Committee 1975 Revised method for loans of Rs.2 lac or more
10) N Narsimhan Committee 1975 Establishment of RRBs
11) CE Kamathv Committee 1976 Multi-institutional approach in Agr finance
12) Dr RK Hajari Committee 1976 Coodn between coop credit institutions
13) NL Dantwala Committee 1978 Viability of RRBs*
14) James Raj Committee 1978 Systems and procedures of working in PSBs
15) Baldev Singh Committee 1978 Simplification of loan procedures and documentation relating to agricultural and allied activities**
16) K Madhav Das Committee 1978 Urban Coop Banks
17) G Luxminarayan Committee 1978 Consortium Finance – Public/private sector
18) R K Talwar Committee 1979 Customer service
19) K S Krishaswami Committee 1980 Role of banks in priority sector advances and 20 point programmes
20) Shivaraman Committee 1981 To immplement the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development and NABARD was established
21) Puri Committee 1982 Uniformity of loan application
22) S Chakravarty Committee 1982 Review of monetary system in banking industry
23) A Ghosh Committee 1982 Priority sector and 20 point programme
24) UK Sharma Committee 1982 Review of lead bank scheme
25) Tiwari Committee 1983 Indl sickness and rehabilitation of sick units
26) Pandharkar Committee 1983 Periodical inspection by RBI
27) Chakravarty Committee 1985 Review the working of the monetary system.
28) Marathe Committee 1985 Credit Authorisation scheme – fast track
29) Khusro Committee 1986 Agricultural Credit*
30) Vaghul Committee 1986 Money market
31) G S Patel Committee 1986 Organisation & management of stock exchange
32) SM Kelkar Committee 1986 RRB and its relative Acts
33) Abid Hussain Committee 1987 Profit making public units should offer a part of their share capital to the public as part of long term strategy to establish the stock exchange.*
34) Vagul committee 1987 Money Market.
35) Abid Hussain Committee 1987 Development of capital market
36) PD Ojha Committee 1988 Service Area Approach
37) SC Kalyansundaram Committee 1989 Introduction of factoring services
38) Goiporia Committee 1990 Customer Service in banks.
39) A Ghosh Committee 1991 Bank frauds & malpractices.
40) Narasimham Committee – I 1991 Examine all aspects relating to the structure, organization & functioning of the financial system.**
41) M N Goiporia Committee 1991 Customer service improvement
42) SA Dave Committee 1991 Functioning of Mutual funds
43) A C Shah Committee 1992 On deposit insurance for non-banking finance companies (NBFCs). It has recommended that General Insurance Corporation (GIC) and Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) provide the risk cover.
44) C Rao Committee 1992 Agriculture policy
45) AC Shah Committee 1992 NBFCs
46) Nadkarni SS Committee 1992 Trading in public sector bonds
47) Raja Chelliah Committee 1992 Tax reforms*****
48) Ghosh Committee 1992 Frauds & malapractices in banks
49) J.V. Shetty Committee 1993 Review the system of lending under consortium arrangements & to suggest improvements therein.
50) Sundaram Committee 1993 Structure of export credit.
51) Goswami Committee 1993 Industrial sickness & corporate restructuring.
52) Janakiraman Committee 1993 Securities transactions of banks & financial institutions.
53) J V Shetty Committee 1993 Consortium lending by banks
54) PR Nayak Committee 1993 Institutional credit to SS SSIs
55) Goswami Committee 1993 Indl sickness and exit policy
56) Jilani R Committee 1993 Credit delivery system
57) D R Mehta Committee 1993 Review of progress of IRDP
58) Khanna Committee 1994 Monitoring the work of NBFCS. Non-Banking Financial Corporations
59) W.S. Saraf Committee 1994 Technology Issues relating to Payments System, Cheque Clearing and Securities Settlement in the Banking Industry
60) Malhotra Committee 1994 Insurance Sector reforms and establishment of IRDA
61) Sodhani Committee 1995 NRI investments in India
62) Padmanabhan Committee 1995 Banking supervision
63) Shere K S Committee 1995 Electronic funds transfer- legal issues
64) BD Shah Committee 1996 Stock lending Scheme and short-selling
65) A.V. Gupta Committee 1997 Agricultural loans
66) S.S Tarapore Committee 1997 This committee was set up by the Reserve Bank of India under the Chairmanship of former RBI deputy governor S.S Tarapore to “lay the roadmap” to capital account convertibility.
67) B D Shah Committee 1997 Stock lending scheme
68) Tarapore Committee 1997 Capital account convertibility
69) Narasimham Committee II 1998 Banking Sector Reforms: The reforms consisted of
i. A shift of banking sector supervision from intrusive micro-level intervention over credit decisions toward prudential regulations and supervision.
ii. A reduction of the CRR and SLR.
iii. Interest rate and entry deregulation; and
iv. application of prudential norms.
70) Dave Committee 1998 Mutual Funds
71) M Narsimham Committee 1998 Financial Sector reforms
72) S L Kapoor Committee 1998 Institutional credit to SSIs
73) R H Khan Committee 1998 Harmonisation of role of FIs & Banks
74) Y V Reddy Committee 1998 Financial aggregates system
75) L C Gupta Committee 1998 Financial derivatives
76) Verma Committee 1999 Revival of weak public sector banks.
77) B Eradi Committee 1999 Insolvency and bankruptcy law
78) SN Verma Committee 1999 Restructuring of Commercial Banks
79) M S Verma Committee 1999 Measures for Weak Banks
80) YV Reddy Committee 2001 Income Tax Review
81) Kelkar Committee 2002 Indirect tax reforms
82) J.J. Irani Committee 2005 Company Law reforms and investor protection
83) Rangarajan Committee 2008 Financial Inclusion
84) Vijal Kelkar Committee 2012 Fiscal Reforms and fiscal consolidation
85) Jilani Committee Loan Systems/Relating to Internal Control and Inspection/Audit System in Banks
86) Usha Thorat Committee Financial Inclusion
87) M Damodaran Committee Banking Customer Service
88) J Reddy Committee Reforms in Insurance Sector
89) R J Kamath Committee Education Loan Scheme
90) Karve Committee Small Scale Industry/Sectors
91) Khanna Committee Non-Performing Assets
92) Rajamannar Committee Changes in Banking Laws regarding cheque bounce
93) K R Chandratre Committee Delisting of Shares
94) C.B. Bhave Committee Disclosure Standards
95) L. C. Gupta Committee Regulation of derivatives trading
96) R. Chandrasekaran Committee Recommend speedy transfers of shares
we can also follow us from knowledgephilic.blogspot.com