cloze test for PO+SSC mains exam-4
Direction: In the following passages there are blanks, each of which has been numbered. These numbers are printed below the passage and against each five words are suggested, one of which fits the blank appropriately. Find out the appropriate word in each case.
KP-Cloze Passage 4
Mobile banking (M banking) involves the use of a mobile phone or any other mobile device to (1) financial transactions linked to a client's account. M
banking is new in most countries and most mobile payment models even in developed countries to date operate on a (2) scale. A mobile network offers a (3) available technology platform onto which other services can be provided at low cost with effective results. For example, M banking services which use
(4) such as SMS can be carried at a cost of less than one US cent per message. The low cost of using existing infrastructure makes such services more (5) to use by customers with lower purchasing power and opens up access to services which did not reach them earlier due to (6) cost of service delivery. Although M banking is one aspect in the wider (7) of e-banking there are reasons to single it out for focus—especially because there are a lot more people with mobile phones than bank accounts in India.
M banking could provide a (8) solution to bring more "unbanked" people to the financial mainstream. Without traditional credit, individuals are (9) to
exploitation by abusive lenders offering very high interest rates on short term loans. Also of considerable importance are public safety implications for the unbanked—they are often victims of crime because many operate on a cash-only basis and end up carrying significant amounts of cash on their (10) or store cash in their homes.
1. 1) disburse 2) undertake 3) subscribe 4) lure 5) amass
2. 1) full 2) voluminous 3) substantial 4) limited 5) rapid
3. 1) readily 2) tangible 3) routinely 4) securely 5) unique
4. 1) process 2) waves 3) deliveries 4) connection 5) channels
5. 1) valuable 2) answerable 3) amenable 4) exposed 5) responsible
6. 1) waning 2) stable 3) proportionate 4) marginal 5) high
7. 1) archive 2) domain 3) purpose 4) component 5) aspect
8. 1) law-abiding 2) tried 3) reassuring 4) cost-effective 5) stop-gap
9. 1) inclined 2) immune 3) vulnerable 4) surrendered 5) pressured
10. 1) person 2) own 3) relatives 4) purses 5) self
Ø Readily = without hesitating; willingly
Ø Amenable = that can be treated in a particular way
Ø Domain = a field of knowledge or activity
Ø Single out = to choose somebody/something from a group for special attention
Ø Vulnerable = that can be hurt, harmed or attacked easily especially because of being small or weak.
Ø Implication = a thing that is not openly stated; a thing that is suggested or implied.
Ø Disburse = to pay out money especially from a fund collected for a purpose
Ø Lure = a thing that attracts or is used to attract people or animal
Ø Tangible = clear and definite; real; that can be perceived by touch
Ø Waning = becoming gradually smaller, weaker, less powerful or less important
Ø Law-abiding = obeying the law
Ø Immune = not affected or influenced by something
What's your ans?
Solve it and ans in comment box......match it after key is posted.