SENTENCE COMPLETION -1
DIRECTIONS (Qs. 1-5) : Pick out the most effective word from the given words to fill in the blank to make the sentence meaningfully complete. [2011-I]
1. His actions had ________ pain and suffering on thousands of people.
(a) affected (b) imposed
(c) inflicted (d) deplored
2. The Government will ______ all resources to fight poverty.
(a) collect (b) exploit
(c) harness (d) muster
3. The children ______ crackers to celebrate the victory of their team.
(a) burst (b) fired
(c) shot (d) released
4. I am ______ forward to our picnic scheduled in the next month.
(a) seeing (b) looking
(c) planning (d) thinking
5. I hope you must have _____ by now that failures are the stepping stones to success.
(a) known (b) felt
(c) decided (d) realized
What's your ans?
Solve it and ans in comment box......match it after key is posted.