• This spiritual organisation was fined 5 crore rupees by the NGT for causing damage to the Yamuna flood plain to organize 2-day World Culture Festival in New Delhi – The Art of Living Foundation
• To this company the Ratna and R-series oil fields were given back on 10 March 2016 by the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs - Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited
• This city will host the Maritime India Summit for 2-days beginning from 14 April 2015 – Mumbai
• To achieve these objectives the revised policy on gas production from Deep Waters & HPHT areas was approved the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs – Marketing and Pricing freedom
• The city which was ranked as the most expensive city in the world by the Economist Intelligence Unit is - Singapore
• The Finnish city that will host the 2018 U-20 World Championships in Athletics is - Tampere
• The Union Cabinet on 10 March 2016 approved the Hydrocarbon Exploration and Licensing Policy which will replace the - New Exploration Licensing Policy
• The university that won the annual Visitor's Award for the Best University is - Tezpur University
• The NITI Aayog in partnership with the UN in India and MyGov launched the - Women Transforming India initiative
• The Centre and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) organised a three-day conference in New Delhi on the theme of - Advancing Asia: Investing for the Future
• Rest of India on 10 March 2016 won the Irani Cup Cricket title by defeating 41-time Ranji Champions - Mumbai
• Union Government on 10 March 2016 appointed former Supreme Court judge Justice Balbir Singh Chauhan as the chairperson of - 21st Law Commission
• Egyptian diplomat and former Foreign Minister who was named as Secretary General of the Arab League on 10 March 2016 - Ahmed Abul Gheit
• Rajya Sabha on 10 March 2016 passed the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015 that seeks to set up a - Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA)
• The Supreme Court on 10 March 2016 asked telecom operators to give an undertaking that they have not exceeded this percent of threshold limit of call drops as mandated in the regulations of TRAI – Two percent
• Indian Naval Ship that will participate in the Mauritius National Day celebrations to strengthen the existing bonds of friendship between the two nations - INS Tabar
• Myanmar's lower house of parliament voted to confirm a close friend and confidant of Nobel laureate Aung San Suu Kyi as its presidential candidate - Htin Kyaw
• The scheme that was approved by the CCEA to provide free LPG connections to the BPL households across the country - Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
• This State became the first in the country to issue bonds under the Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana – Uttar Pradesh
• India signed an agreement with this country to provide over 400 million US dollars to finance three water supply projects in that country – Sri Lanka
Current Affairs Quiz of 12 March 2016
1. What was the theme of the three-day conference that was organsied by the Centre and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in New Delhi from 11 March 2016?
a) Advancing Asia: Investing for the Future
b) Advance Asia: Invest for the future
c) Investing for the Future: Advancing Asia
d) Invest for the future: Advanced Asia
2. Which one of the following is not one of the provisions of the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015 that was passed by the Rajya Sabha on 10 March 2016?
a) Setting up of Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA)
b) Imprisonment of up to 3 years for fraud builders
c) Mandatory registration of all projects in each State
d) 45 days time for RERA to dispose of the complaints
3. Rest of India on 10 March 2016 won the Irani Cup Cricket title by defeating which Ranji team?
4. Who of the following was appointed as the chairperson of the 21st Law Commission?
a) Justice M Jagannadha Rao
b) Justice Ajit Prakash Shah
c) Justice PV Reddi
d) Justice Balbir Singh Chauhan
5. Who of the following was named as the Secretary General of the Arab League on 10 March 2016?
a) Aboul Gheit
b) Amr Moussa
c) Nabil El-Araby
d) Chedli Klibi
6. According to the Supreme Court, what percentage of TRAI-mandated threshold limit of call drops a telecom company should adhere to?
a) One percent
b) Two percent
c) Three percent
d) Seven percent
7. The Union Cabinet on 10 March 2016 gave its approval for entering into a MoU with which multilateral agency for setting up of the agency's South Asia regional training centre in India?
a) International Monetary Fund
b) World Bank
c) Asian Development Bank
d) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
8. The Union Cabinet on 10 March 2016 gave its approval for creation of the post of Nominated Authority in the Ministry of Coal as per
a) Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Act, 2012
b) Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Act, 2013
c) Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Act, 2014
d) Coal Mines (Special Provisions) Act, 2015
9. Registration of which of the following Labour Act was not integrated with the e-biz portal of the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) on 9 March 2016?
a) The EPF and Miscellaneous Provisions Act, 1952
b) The Employees' State Insurance Act, 1948
c) The Contract Labour (Regulation & Abolition) Act, 1970
d) The Factories Act, 1948
10. The food and drug department of which State on 9 March 2016 sent Johnson & Johnson baby powder for lab tests?
d) Andhra Pradesh
11. Who was on 9 March 2016 appointed as the head of United National Political Mission in Columbia?
a) Jean Arnault
b) John Nicholson
c) Atul Sobti
d) Sylvie Lucas
12. As per ICC's announcement on 9 March 2016, the venue of India and Pakistan World T20 match has been shifted from Kolkata to which place?
13. The Union Government in March 2016 signed a Memorandum of Understanding on conservation of birds of prey in Africa and Eurasia. The MoU is also known as:
a) A bird of prey MoU
b) Rapt MoU
c) CMS MoU
d) Raptor MoU
14. Which firm was in news in March 2016 as it was given 12 industrial licenses by the DIPP for manufacturing defence systems?
a) Ashok Leyland Defence Systems
b) Larsen & Toubro
c) Astra Microwave Products
d) Reliance Defence
15. Identify the Nalco CMD who was elected as the President of Aluminium Association of India.
a) Tapan Kumar Chand
b) SK Roongta
c) Najib Shah
d) AK Jha
1-(a) 6-(b) 11-(a)
2-(d) 7-(a) 12-(a)
3-(b) 8-(d) 13-(d)
4-(d) 9-(d) 14-(d)
5-(a) 10-(c) 15-(a)