What does the SSC GD Syllabus Comprise?
Every year the Staff Selection Commission (SSC) announces the recruitment of a huge lot of vacancies for various SSC exams like SSC GD (General Duty), SSC JE (Junior Engineer), SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level), SSC CPO (Central Police Organisation), etc.
In this article, we shall look into the SSC GD exam. The SSC GD (General Duty) post is a dream job for many aspirants in India who want to join the following armed forces:
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF)
- Border Security Force (BSF)
- National Investigation Agency (NIA)
- Secretariat Security Force (SSF)
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB)
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF)
- Rifleman (General Duty) in Assam Rifles
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP)
Almost millions of prospective candidates apply for the SSC GD exam on a yearly basis. The minimum educational eligibility to apply for this post is 12th pass. Hence, the competition is pretty high among aspiring candidates. Candidates should have a thorough knowledge of the SSC GD Syllabus to qualify this exam along with the best available study materials.
SSC GD Syllabus
The SSC GD Syllabus is an online test which consists of objective-type questions of 100 marks:
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: In the General Intelligence section, there are mainly two types of reasoning questions – verbal and non-verbal. This section of the SSC GD exam particularly tests a candidate’s logical reasoning skills and his ability to analyse different patterns of non-verbal questions. Some of the topics under this section include:
Analogies, Number Series, Mathematical Reasoning, Coding-Decoding, Discrimination, Figure Classification, Relationship Concepts, Blood Relations, Spatial Orientation, Visual Memory, etc.
- General Awareness: This section assesses a candidate’s general knowledge skills like daily activities and current affairs. No specific knowledge of any domain is required to excel in this section. The questions of this section basically involve matters of happenings around the country and globe. It includes General Knowledge topics like Economic Scene, Geography, History, General Polity, Culture, Scientific Research, Sports, Indian Constitution, Indian laws, etc.
- Elementary Mathematics: This section evaluates a candidate’s mathematical knowledge which was frequently taught at the primary or secondary school levels. As per the SSC GD Syllabus, the following topics are included in this section – Averages, Whole Numbers, Profit & Loss, Fractions, Decimals, Number Systems, Compound Interest, Simple Interest, Ratio & Proportions, Ratio & Time, Percentages, Time, Distance and Speed, Algebra, Mensuration, etc.
- English/Hindi Language: In this section, a candidate’s capacity to examine basic English or Hindi level knowledge and the ability to analyse the comprehension skills in a particular language are being tested.
Are you looking for effective tips to prepare for different SSC exams or any specific government exam? Candidates can check the BYJU’S website to learn more about various Govt and Bank exams and reach out to our Academic Counsellors for additional assistance.
Post Sponcered By BYJU ‘S !